McCandless Councilman Steve Mertz blames Access McCandless for creating his “image” problem. Look below. It’s quite obvious that we had exactly zero to do with his “image.” Perhaps the councilman should look in the mirror. This page is for anyone seeking an explanation of the truth for Mr. Mertz’s continual harassment of Access McCandless and its owner.
- Even the Post Gazette warns you: Do your homework before hiring a contractor
- Tribune Review: Dad accuses McCandless councilman of profane tirade against his kids
- Tribune Review: Written apologies for verbal attacks could end probe into Councilman’s conduct
- Tribune Review: Experts weigh in on McCandless councilman investigation
- Tribune Review: McCandless Councilman censured for tirade, berating residents on social media
Here’s an example of how he blames others. Instead of admitting that he has done anything, he blames myself and Tony LaRussa (reporter from the Trib Review) for his problems.
Here’s one of my personal favorites, where he uses his position as a councilman to threaten someone:
Mertz has bashed Christians, most specifically, the members of St. Alexis Church, on camera, during town council meetings.
And then there’s the legal stuff:
- Mr. Mertz was sued by BFI, Inc., and was forced to pay a delinquent bill in August of 2017. Click here for the docket.
- In May of 2016, Mertz pled guilty to Failure to File/Provide Proof of Business Privilege Tax
- In March of 2015, Mertz was sued by BFI, Inc. and was forced to pay a delinquent bill.
- In March of 2013, Mr. Mertz once again pled guilty to Failure to file/provide proof of business privilege tax
- In June of 2010, Mr. Mertz was cited for having an uninusred and unregistered work vehicle
In 2009, Mertz had SO MUCH GARBAGE accumulated on his property that the Town of McCandless had to file against him. In fact, there is still SO MUCH GARBAGE on his property, you can see it from Google earth. A few of his neighbors clued us in to this one.
Mr. Mertz has gone on a social media assault against many people on Facebook, most often against Access McCandless and the owner of the business. So much so that our attorneys had to send him a cease & desist to warn him that if the behavior continues, he will face a civil lawsuit.
CLICK TO ENLARGE IMAGES BELOW: